Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!

My Family and Friends.

Thank you for all that you do for me and all the support that you give me!  I am eternally thankful for all of your help over the years, I'll repay someday, somehow.  I promise....pinky swear!!!  

Well, I did it...I finished my third transfer, only 14 left.  It is surprising how fast time has gone by...I can't believe that next week is 2011!  I'm ready for it though, it will be a good year, full of many great and wonderful things.  

So I'm sure you are all wondering how transfers went.  Did I get transfered? Did I get a new companion?  Am I the assitant to the President? (definitley no, I need more time for that responsibility!)  Well I guess that I can tell you all.  I didn't get transfered, I am still working in Somerset West (strand side).  But as for Elder Davenport, well he has gone to a better place (well not better, but just another place.)  I'll miss that guy, we had a lot of fun times and we served well with one another!  But I must move on, keep my life going.  So, I'm sure at this point you have reallized that I have a new companion.  Well if you haven't figured out, I have a new companion.  His name is Elder Simposn from Arizona...pretty cool guy, I think that we will get along just fine.  No pictures of us yet, but for sure next week ok?  He's mostly a tidy guy so he has organized our whole flat and made it feel very clean.  I can't complain :)  

Now because this past transfer was only 5 weeks, it makes this coming transfer a whole seven weeks....so the next transfer date will be on February 3, 2011.  I'll be just over six months on mission...cool eh?!?!?!

Yesterday, Corneille was confermed a member of the Church and received the gift of the holy ghost.  It was quite the cool experiance, that man is just so strong!  I was able to participate in the confermation and afterwards when he stood up, just like his baptism, there was tears in his eyes...mad me feel so amazing.  I feel good with the work that I have done!

Well, this week is Christmas...my first warm Christmas (it's very hot here now...thank goodness for A/C in the car!)  I get to spend the wonderful holiday season doing what I was sent here to do, spread the word!  So on Christmas eve and Christmas day, I will be out seeing people and teaching.  What a great way to spend Christmas!  What a marvolous way to celebrate our Savior's Birth! 

I hope that you all have a wonderful Holiday season and that you stay safe.  Remember the true meaning of Christmas and keep that close to your heart.  I love you all and once again thank you for the support.  Build a snowman for me, sing a carol, and most of all, Remember Christ our Savior born this Christmas day.

May God bless you all,

Elder Naylor


I forgot to mention this in my family email....Elder Simpson and I are the same age on mission.  We are serving as what they call it a "co-companionship"  Pretty cool eh? that means next transfer I will go senior! 

No comments:

Post a Comment