Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

Hello my United Statians....er....Americans!

I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season and that 2011 has been treating you well (despite the fact that you have only known him for 3 days...but relax, you have 362 more days to get to know him. All will be well!!!)

New Years in South Africa as a missionary is different that other years...not much happened.  We had to be inside by five o'clock on Friday night and we didn't do much, just chilled at the flat and then got ready for bed.  Elder Simpson fell asleep long before I did.  At 12:00, I quietly told myself happy new year and rolled over and went to bed. Talk about FUN!  But really, it was/is a good way to spend the transistion from 2010 to 2011.  I am enjoying mission ever so much and each day brings me new experiances and memories, the only sad part is that time goes by too quickly here.  One moment I'm waking up for the day, next thing you know I have a tooth brush in my mouth as I prepare for bed....cra-zay in my nay-zay!!!!!

New years day was just about productive as a duck floating with the current.  It was a very lazy day, for we couldn't drive or go see anyone.  So we spent the day just hanging around our flat.  I took some good naps, baked some chicken and potatoes for us to eat at lunch and well, that was about it.  One thing that was cool was that I was able to wear jeans and a t-shirt the WHOLE day.  Talk about comfort right there.  And to make things better, it was my Matches t-shirt.....I wear it with pride.  Overall though, it was a good day....I enjoyed it, but I'm glad that the holidays are over and that everything is going back to normal....everyone's been gone on holidays and not wanting to listen to us.  

My spirits are high as I look at this coming year, I'm ready to embrace it full force!  This year will be a good one and I feel it will go by quick as well.  I hope that you are all doing well and staying healthy as ever!!!  OH, I guess I should talk about this previous week eh?  Not much happened, we had some training on Thursday which was nice because it always rekindles that missionary flame that is burning within me.  I finished the Book of Mormon this past week....felt good, only took me five months to get through.  Now I get to do my favorite part....start it again!!  I learn so much by reading the scriptures, exspecially the Book of Mormon.  I understand my purpose in this life and life to come and can feel my Heavenly Father's love as I read.  I have been fancinated with Moroni's account in Mormon 8 and 9, he had such great courage and strength to do the things he did.  If you get the chance, go read those chapters and think about how Moroni felt, being all alone, having no one.  That I respect....never giving up.  It's something we all need to incorporate in our lives. 

Well I also feel that I should tell you guys what I do on P-days...not much really...isn't too much to do here on mondays.  Last monday we went to Stellonbosch and ate lunch up there.  Today we are going to look at a place called Monkey Town....sounds fun eh? I'll report back on how it was, hopefully with pictures!

Family, Friends....stay with good cheer, you are always in my thoughts.  I truly love all of you, for all that you have done for me as I have grown from a child to a manchild( I'm not ready to say I'm a man yet :) ).  Have a fabulous week and when the times get cold, just remember that I'm by white sandy beaches each day feeling the warmth of the African Sun.  haha.
Well, hope these words hold you off for one more week!

That's all folks!

Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment