Monday, January 17, 2011

John Tanner

Well my friends, here we are again...another week!

I hope that everyone has had a good week and that everything has been going well.

As for me, I'm still working my hardest and facing each day with a positive attitude!

Not much has happened in this past week though, not a lot of stories to tell.

One thing....on Saturday, we missionaries were invited to a lunch at a members house and he asked us to bring along Corneille, the guy that was just baptized a few weeks ago.  That made me happy becuase it is good to see the members befriend new converts.  The lunch was very good and it was nice, right before we left...the man asked if he could show us and Corneille a video off of BYU's website (I think it was there).  It was a video about a man named John Tanner, a early saint of the Church.  I won't go into much detail about the vidoe, but it was so good.  I would suggest you read up about John Tanner and if you can, find the video.  Not sure what it is called.  It is just amazing to see videos about early saints and what they had to do endure and face, but not giving up their faith.  I often ask myself...would I be that strong? Would I travel across the enitre United States for my beliefs? And I've decided I surely would.  No doubt...because I know that this is all true, I would give up my life before I gave up the Gospel.  That is why I'm in South Africa right now and not home.  I'm here to spread this wonderful word...The True Word of Christ.  I know that I could be doing a lot of other things with my life right now, but I could be doing nothing better than this.  I LOVE THIS WORK!!!!


This email will probably be shorter than most, but that's ok, because I have said what I wanted to say!  Just know that I am doing wonderful, though times get rough...I face them hehad on!  Everyone, keep doing the simple things in life...read the Book of Mormon and the standard works, pray continually, GO TO CHURCH and partake of the sacrament.  It is through these things that will help you better understand your purpose and what you need to do. 

I love you all, stay well....I'll be with you shortly!


Love so much,

Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment