Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Haircut, Cake, and Pictures!!

Well, another week down. Can you believe it?

I'm here and well and doing fine and happy and smiling and laughing and enjoying this part of my life.

As I mentioned last week, it was transfers and just like I thought....I stayed in Bellville. And my companion? It stayed the same as well...Elder Nielsen.  Looks like we get to keep doing some good work together in this part of the world.  And boy do we have some good things ahead of us.

This week we met with a part member family named the Botha's.  The mother is a member and her kids have never been baptized because the father was against it, but now they are old enough and have decided that they want to decide for themselves if all this stuff is true.  The boy is named Micheal and he is 20 years old, going to university to be something with construction.  The girl is Michelle and she is 17 years old, still in high school.  They both are really wanting to be baptized...we met with them last night and gave them a baptism date for the last sunday in  April.  Micheal responded with "As in this year?" haha, we all had a good laugh about that but yes, this year as in next month!!! It's really great to be working with them and preparing them for this major step in their life. I'm excited.
So that was the major highlight of the work pertaining to missionary work.

In other aspects of my life, last monday we went to Green Market Square which is in Central Cape Town.  Man, I love city life...it was so exciting to be in Cape Town...very beautiful city...I wish I could explore it more!  Green Market Square is a place where a bunch of merchants are selling souvenirs...mostly African things. Nothing caught my eye, meaning I didn't buy anything, It was still fun to go and look at all the stuff.

Another cool thing that happened this week is that I let Elder Nielsen give me a haircut. It didn't turn out that bad though it was shorter than we both imagined.  I haven't had it this short in YEARS.  It's nice I guess...I might just keep it like this for a while, we'll see. So that's the news in the hair department :)

Our car has been having some trouble lately...A/C went out and the coolant has been leaking.  We have been keeping it cool with water until the shop will look at the car on wednesday....they won't look at it on the spot, you need an appointment.

I finally got around to making my birthday cake!!! I have been so busy lately...but I finally did it! It turned out wonderful and tastes wonderful!!! Thanks!!!

Well, I think that is all I can think of.  

I love you.

You're the best.


Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment