Monday, November 15, 2010

GOOD BYE ELDER MASEKO

Well, another week has come and gone, time just goes by too fast here.
 
This week has been a pretty good one, though there was some change that happened in my life.  As you may or may have not know, this past week was transfers.
 
Where am I you ask? Who am I with you ask? Well, I will tell you ok?  I stayed in Somerset West (Strand, you could say because that is where I mostly work) and I'm not in a threesome anymore which was clearly predicted.  Who am I with then you ask?  The only thing that really changed was that Elder Maseko went home to Joburg.  Elder Davenport went senior and I'm his companion...it will be a good transfer, I know it!  Elder Davenport has only been out for six months and that makes me nervous because that means that I could probably become senior soon in the coming months.  Another cool fact? this is my last full transfer of the year 2010...can you believe that it's ending already? didn't it just start?
 
Well, as stated above, I killed yet another missionary...Elder maseko.  He went home strong and well.  I hope that I am not around another dying missionary for a while because Brianly...whoops I mean Frankly :) I'm not a big fan of them! I want to see more young missionaries (even though I am one of them still). 
 
When I think back to the previous week, the biggest thing that happened would have to be that I brought to people to the waters of baptism...cool huh?
Yesterday we baptised a lady by the name of patience, she is from Zimbabwe and is very very nice.  The other person from our area is a 10 year old boy by the name of Marlon Soza, also from Zimbabwe.  His whole family is members but they went less active so we have been reactivating them and preparing this boy for "the dip"  Now on to getting them to the Temple! (which I miss ever so dearly, there needs to be more temples in the world!)
 
The baptisms went well, a lot of the ward stayed and supported the two future members which is good because the ward needs to support them all they can. 
 
It has been a little weird getting used to having just one companion again, but I'm liking it.  I'm driving more because of it and I can officially say that I am used to driving here now and it feels natural to me and I don't know what I will do when I come home.
 
Everything is well here, I'm doing fantastic each day...but don't think that I'm not missing home! I miss The fall weather(it's getting really hot here and our car's a/c is broken..reminds me of when I used to drive a certain car...) and wearing normal clothes...a collar around your neck does not cool you down!!!
 
My favorite part of mission is all the eye opening experiances I have...all the wonderful people I see each day and get to bring the Gospel to them, it's a great feeling! 
 
Well, I must go because I can't think of much more to say.  I love you all and I always think of you all!
 
Take care,
 
Elder Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment