Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear People of America. (and other lands, but mostly america)

This past week for me has been real interesting. I have enjoyed it quite a bit I'd say.  Started the week with going to East London for a Zone Conference/Christmas Activity and that was really fun. We stayed there from monday evening till wednesday morning. It was cool to go on a little vacation for a few days.  Don't do that too often out here on mission.  The Christmas activity was really fun, you could tell that a lot of planning went into it.  We had a gift exchange, I got root beer and chocolate (already consumed), and we watched a movie called 17 Miracles....very good, look it up and watch it.  We also got fed TWICE. Once for lunch and then for dinner.  I sure enjoyed seeing other elders and the spirit that was felt with all of us gathered.  I love mission so much!

Then on friday we had a Branch Christmas activity.  Guess who organized and hosted the whole thing? Me.  I had no idea what I was doing but everyone seemed to have loads of fun and that is what counts.  We played lots of games and danced and sang and fun.  There seems to be a lot of responsibility placed on the shoulders of the Missionaries out here, but I'm learning a lot. I enjoy it.

Can you believe that 2011 is almost over?!?! It's crazy.  Most of our baptism dates are for February....that seems crazy!  We are teaching a lot of great people right now and the work seems to be going great here in this small part of the world.  We had an investigator surprise us by showing up to Church yesterday, didn't plan for her to come and then during sacrament, I looked over at her to see her reading from the Book of Mormon. Brought a wee little smile to my face :)

I'm glad also to report that almost all is well again in Mthatha...we have hot water again, though that was a pain. The guys were fixing it and made water come out of the geyser and it went all over our ceiling(they put the geysers in the attic here) and cause some damage and then they put a hole in the ceiling with the wrench! Oh well, at least we have hot showers now.  I am still somewhat suffering from fleas. I'm the only one that has them in the district, guess I taste the best.  I'm not too worried, they don't seem to be bugging me as bad as at first.  I'll keep fighting them though.

Last night I ate so much food!  We stopped by a members home to say hello and they gave us a plate of food to eat then when we went to our last appointment, they gave us more food but wouldn't let us stop until they said so...I was being force fed! It's funny to think back on it but at one point I got up and rushed outside thinking I was going to lose it all because my body couldn't handle more food! Luckily I held it down, but today I feel really gross and weird because my body is still figuring out what happened.  I'm okay with getting food but when I'm full, I'm full!!!!

I hope that everyone has a great week and that things are well. Whether I hear from you or not....I pray for you all.

Live long and Prosper \\//

The computer won't let my load up pictures...so next week!




--
theELDERNAYLOR

No comments:

Post a Comment