Monday, March 19, 2012

Fireside!!!!

Hello everybody!

This week has been really great for me,some great things are going to be happening her in Mthatha in the coming months and I'm glad that I get to be a part of starting it all.  We have some great people that will hopefully bring some great strength to the branch and help it to grow.

Saturday we had a missionary fireside to help the members get excited about doing missionary work.  When it was to start, there wasn't that many people there and I was getting worried that all the work we did was for nothing, but by the time that we started, we actually had a bigger turnout than I thought.  The fireside went really well. We focused on the message of the restoration and what it means for everyone on the Earth and how it can bless anyone's life.  We then split up into groups where we all practiced talking to our friends about certain things whether it be about The Book of Mormon or having prophets on the earth today. It was really cool and we hope to have many more in the coming months.

Another great story that happened was with some new investigators we found. They are a young couple from Ghana and they saw a program about the Church on TV a few months ago but through trial and error, haven't been able to see us till now. They are really great, the husband asks some great questions and you can tell that they are really ready to receive the Gospel. The only downside is that they can only meet with us once a week. Oh well, slow and surely they'll come around.

Those are the highlights of my week! I sure love this work and all the blessings that it is giving me!

I know that it is all true!

I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful week!


-- 

theELDERNAYLOR

No comments:

Post a Comment