Sunday, April 15, 2012

I was a Duke this Halloween, this year gonna be James Dean.......just wish I knew who I was in between!

DASHBOARD!

That's a word that a recent convert says in our area and Elder Parry and I have now incorporated it into our language. We laugh every time she says it. I think I have laughed more in the past week than I have in quite some time. Things are going really well this side. I am enjoying mission. The only downside is that Elder Parry is going home in almost a week and I'm not ready for such things, but I will survive. I WILL SURVIVE...Oh no no no. Just walk out the door.

Alrighty. This week has been a busy and great week.  We have a pretty good teaching pool here and we are moving the work along at an incredible speed.  In the past four months, this ward has had about 6 baptisms and more on the way...it's awesome.  The ward relationship with the missionaries is the best I've seen my entire mission. They really help us out and keep the work going.  I've only been here just under town weeks and I feel pretty comfortable with the members.  Our ward mission leader is just top notch. He has been in the Church for about four years and he takes his calling really serious...he gets things done.  Awesome possum.

We had a baptism here on Saturday...it was really wonderful. It was a mother and daughter, the daughter is in her 20s and the mom is a mom's age.  They have been investigating the Church since about January and just love everything about the Church. At the baptismal service, they bore powerful testimonies. It is so incredible to see people have the Gospel touch them in those ways.  Makes me so grateful for the testimony that I have and helps me to keep it nurtured.  Yesterday when we went over to the house to visit them, Afikile, the daughter told us that she "met Mr. Holy Ghost." and that "He's so wonderful! It was like a movie when I was confirmed...He came and was like 'Hey, I'm the Holy Ghost, nice to meet you.' and I was like 'It's nice to meet you too!'" She's awesome.  It is alos amazing to hear recent members talk about the change they feel from when they didn't have the gift of the holy ghost to when they receive it.  I would suggest that all you reading this, if you have the Gift of the Holy Ghost, do your best to keep Him Around. Read 3 Nephi 18 and 2 Nephi 32 to see how you can keep him close to you.  I love the Spirit! And if you haven't receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....read 2 Nephi 31 to figure out what you need to do to get this wonderful gift!

Missionary work is so great! It's the only time I think that I will be able to truly be in the world but not of it.  You are constantly thinking about the Gospel and how to improve your life in order to help others come closer to Christ.  

Well, I think that this is sufficient for this week. hope that everyone has a great week. You are in my prayers.

Love ya all! 

--
theELDERNAYLOR

No comments:

Post a Comment