Monday, April 30, 2012


 FOUR, THREE, TWO!

Last week it was Elder Parry, Elder Davenport, Elder Brereton, and I.

Elder Parry is home.

This week it was Elder Davenport, Elder Brereton, and I.

Elder Brereton is getting transferred to Cape Town tomorrow.

Now it's just going to be Elder Davenport and I.

Then he goes home beginning of may...so much change!

Things have been pretty good though this past week. Baxolele is now up at the top of the list as most powerful investigators of all time. he came to Church on Sunday and loved it...he was even answering questions in Elders quorum.  He's just a very chill, smart young man and I'm really grateful to be working with him.  
We have also been working with this other young kid named Tabo....his cousin was baptized in the beginning of the year and he wanted nothing to do with it but now he is coming to youth every week and even is coming to Church! Hopefully he'll keep going in his progression.

I had a cultural experience on Saturday. We went to a funeral of a member's father and it was a typical Xhosa funeral.  Lots of singing and at one point people even started to clap and stomp their feet...one guy even stood up and slapped his book.  Every time someone would get up to speak, they would all sing and when the person who was speaking would cry, they would also start to sing. I didn't know what to do...I didn't understand most of what they were saying (all in Xhosa) and I was probably the whitest kid in the room. It was a cool experience nonetheless, something I will always remember.

I hope that everyone has a great week! Send me some updates via paper or email! Come one come all!



--
theELDERNAYLOR

No comments:

Post a Comment