Thursday, May 24, 2012

T-H-U-R-S-D-A-Y

Bet cha all thought that I wasn't going to email this week eh?

Well I get to email today because on monday I was in CAPE TOWN. Yep that's right, I got to go to the Mother City.
My second home.

We flew out Sunday night because it was Zone Leader Council this week. All the Zone Leaders from all over the mission came down for an epic three days. A lot of my transfer are zone leaders so it was a great reunion of some great people. We got in late on Sunday and stayed the night with some Cape Town Zone Leaders then Monday morning we all met at the office for the activity. It was great walking back in the office, everyone was happy to see me and I was glad to see them too! As soon as I walked in I actually got asked to help with some things and ended taking care of a few things that I knew....it felt great.  The Pday activity was a hike with President and Sister Wood on a trail called Steambird...it was a nice hike, we stopped halfway and president gave us a little devotional and inspirational thoughts. After the hike we went back to the office for lunch and then we split up into two groups....one played sports and the other went downtown.....bet ya can't guess what group I was a part of? In fact I was the one driving the van to downtown....no way was I going to play sport unless it had four wheels haha. The next day was full of instruction and discussion.  We went over the vision of the mission and what we need to work on and leadership instruction from President. We started at nine and ended at nine...it was a long, but amazing, spiritual day. I loved every second of it! Elder Simpson (a zone Leader) and Elder Pearson (current office elder) were both there and it was great to catch up with them. Oh and by the way, I ate so much food I can't even think straight.....it was an incredible three days.  We got back yesterday afternoon and right from the airport went to work with appointments...we both were very tired last night but it was worth it all!

As for other things, Baxolele was baptized! It was a great service and he was very much ready. He had asked me to baptize him and it was a great spiritual experience to use the Priesthood of God that He has entrusted me with. Baxolele is going to make an amazing member. One of his first things he said to me after Church on sunday is "when you see me again, I need to know about the priesthood." Powerful young man. I LOVE MISSION!!!!

Alright, well that is my update for the week. Things are going well. Elder Giles and I are getting along well together and I think that this leg of my mission will be one of my most memorable ones.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

--
theELDERNAYLOR

No comments:

Post a Comment